Thursday, September 22, 2011

2006 Kia Sedona won't start?

I have a 2006 Kia Sedona. I bought it 4 months ago. 2 weeks after buying it, it would not start. All the lights would come on, the radio would play, and the headlights would come on. It would not even try to crank. It was like when you try to crank a car while it is in gear. Anyway, I took it to the dealer since it was still under warranty. They made me change the battery, and it would still do the same thing. Then they tried changing the fuse box, and that still did not work. Now it is doing it again, and it is getting frustrating. My belief is that the sensor that recognizes the vehicle is in park is malfunctioning. Any ideas on what it could be, because the dealer either will not or does not know how to fix it?2006 Kia Sedona won%26039;t start?
could be a faulty neutral safety switch2006 Kia Sedona won%26039;t start?
Try pushing the gear shifter further back while trying to start it. Do this in P and in N. There might be a particular spot in the P and N range where it starts. I've had 2 F250's that both did this. One is a '69 and the other was a '98.



It could also be a bad starter, and that's what I bet it is. The dealer just put in a different used battery that they had on hand. They didn't want to shell out the bucks to replace your starter. Tell them that.