Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ive just realised the driver side rear lights on my MK4 Golf are not working, how do I get them back on?

Im not sure if its a fuse as the whole console is out, Ive looked in the Manual and it doesnt give any info on how to change a fuse etc.Ive just realised the driver side rear lights on my MK4 Golf are not working, how do I get them back on?
Buy a Bentely Manual for your model. This is the most comprehensive manual for VW's you will ever see! It shows how to break down and reassemble every part/section of the car, including full wiring diagrams! My MK3 Bentely manual is 800 pages!



Another option is to go to an Autozone, O'Reily's, Pepboys, etc., you frequent and just look at their Chilton/Haynes manuals off the shelf. Then buy the parts from them. My local place doesn't care I do this because I buy the parts from them!Ive just realised the driver side rear lights on my MK4 Golf are not working, how do I get them back on?
Could take forever to figure that out...fuse, blown bulb, loose or disconnected wire?

Probably a fuse though if your console is also out...maybe it just came out of it's fuse holder.

Good luck but, might be best just to stop at the dealer and see if they'll do a quick (perhaps no charge) troubleshoot or at least point you to the fusebox.Ive just realised the driver side rear lights on my MK4 Golf are not working, how do I get them back on?
I found this tut but its not your car.

http://laudeman.com/volkswagen/

You shouldnt have to pull the whole tailight assembley out unless you cant take the connector off inside the car. Check to see if the filament is still intack if not replace. Swap the bulbs from working side to the non working side If it works now then the bulb is blown If it doesnt then It might be the fuse. Locate the fuse box(most likely under the dash or in the glove box). http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1552992 Find the corresponding fuse pull it out with some pliars and check the center if its blown (could be 13-10AMP 22-5AMP but check all of them later)http://www.edmunds.com/media/ownership/howto/fuse/fuse.5.350.jpg (fuse should look similar to this style)

If you cant tell swap a different fuse (remember where you got it from) with the same amp rating stamped on the top and test. If it blows then you have a bad connection and a wire grounding somewhere along the line.
  • how i can go to the us to work
  • made on fingernails
  •