Thursday, November 18, 2010

How Do I Change a Fuse on my 2004 Mazda RX-8?

I removed the cover to the fuse box and there is no diagram telling me which fuse goes to what like there is supposed to be. Also, when I use these plastic tweezers to try to pull out a fuse it won't come out.



I have tried looking through the manual but it doesn't provide the diagram. I have also tried searching online but have not had any luck.How Do I Change a Fuse on my 2004 Mazda RX-8?
the diagram is in the back of the the book for which fuses do what,,and it does show a good picture of this in there ,you have to pull hard on these fuses to get them out,,sometimes there a little stubborn to get out,,but they will come out,,and you,ll have to look good for the diagram,,but im sure its there,,i had one of those cars,,good luck with it,hope this help,s.How Do I Change a Fuse on my 2004 Mazda RX-8?
As a rule, Mazda is very good about providing the information for their cars. I am sure it is in the manual somewhere.

If you can't find it, perhaps a trip to the library will help. It doesn't cost anything to check.

As for the little plastic %26quot;tweezers%26quot;, they do suck don't they. Better to use a pair of needle-nosed pliers, or if you have a pair use some hemostats. They work very well.

If you choose this method, you should remove only one at a time, check it, and replace it. When you find the burned one, it is very easy to see.

As for on-line help, the information you need is very expensive, and costs the repair manual publishers dearly for the license to use it. The manufacturers won't give it away, and there aren't many who will pay for it, and then offer it on the %26quot;Net at no cost.

You can go here-----%26gt;



http://www.eautorepair.net/



nd for a modest annual subscription, you get ALL of the published information for your little car, including electrical, wiring and vacuum diagrams, diagnostics, repair information, TSBs and recalls. All professional level stuff. Very good. It is what the professionals use in their shops.



Happy Motoring